Thursday 17 June 2010

Basic Shading and Texturing

This lesson really cleared up a few grey areas that I had regarding shading from last year. The lesson started by telling me how to arrange my interface by hiding all U.I elements and then by using the hotbox, selecting the hypershade view. From the hotbox I could also get to the attribute editor as well.

With the hypershade open I familiarized myself with the create bar (for creating any rendering nodes), the hypershade tabs (listing all nodes in the current scene) and the work area (that allows you to look more closely and alter any part of the shading network's graph. I then began to create shading networks for the various objects in the room. I created a new lambert node and applied the appropriate colour and incandescence, named it sky and then applied it to the dome. I did similar procedures for other objects in the room as well as say adding textures to the ground. I then added texture maps to other elements of the room by loading file texture nodes to shading networks and then assigning them.

No comments:

Post a Comment