Tuesday 3 November 2009

Quayola



I came across this moving image artist on you tube a few months back but didn't give him my full attention. I thought I'd give him another look.

In the above video I was completely perplexed and of course amazed at the extreme amount of complexity and precision that was evident in the making of this. I've actually been all over the net but haven't been able to find out what building this involves. I think it's St Peter's but I'm still not entirely sure as I was there about a year ago and it doesn't look 100% familiar. Anyway it's still a pleasure to watch. Also this is just as much a piece of music as it is moving image; I find that the sounds sit perfectly with the movement of the pieces. I'd actually be perfectly happy to hear the track on its own!


The below interview with the artist is regarding an exhibition he had dealing with natural scenes and how they could be manipulated with a clever new piece of software which is unavailable commercially. The interview speaks for itself really. It's also another nice example of the artists work and insight into how he thinks.




No comments:

Post a Comment