Thursday 2 December 2010

Filming, Day 1





I was pretty nervous before this as this was really the only bit of shooting where we were up against the clock. I had limited time in the studio and with the camera and I had an actress', a D.O.P and a lighting technician's time in my hands so I had to be on my toes. Still we ploughed on through and got all the essential shots done. I had story-boarded a number of shots but a fair few of them were only shots that I'd do if I had the time.

The first hiccup we had was with lighting as I stupidly assumed that the studio's photography lights would be sufficient to light the set so we had to go look for the tungsten lights resulting in us loosing an hour. Secondly-I only realised this once I'd copied the footage off the next day-the footage looked too orange. I had already noticed this when filming but it wasn't so pronounced on the monitor and I kind of liked it so I didn't do a white balance. In hindsight I now realise that was rather a silly move as any colour grading one can do later with a more colour neutral bit of footage. Thankfully this specific colour problem can be tided up.

No comments:

Post a Comment