Saturday 27 March 2010

My Evalutation of Our Station

The thougt of designing a space station was of course right up my street (as it would be anyone’s in our class!). Immediately thoughts of Tokyo and futuristic architecture sprang to mind and after watching Ghost in the Shell and looking at the prestigious architect Kisho Kurokawa, I had two basic visual themes in mind; one was a vey smooth and minimal style, similar to 2001 a space Odyssey, the other was a far more jagged and complicated design. After going with the former design scheme we divided ourselves roughly into our respective roles, mine being sound. None the less during our first “leg” of building partly due to my teammates’ absence, I got going with a little building myself before setting to work on designing the sound. The sound design was very enjoyable is it really got me thinking as it was the first time I’d ever really designed sound as opposed to creating sounds I like for artistic purposes. For this reason it was rather time consuming trying to get the desired sounds from my synths but I’m very satisfied with the result. After finishing the sound design I was surprised to see all my building moved to one side and a much more impressive structure in its place! Since the structure put my untextured work to shame I could hardly be vexed!

Overall, dispite the absence on all our parts, I feel we worked well as a team. What I think our strength lied in, was the fact that we were all open to each other’s opinions and kept our appropriately sized egos under control. In short we cooperated as opposed to going off in our own directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment