Wednesday 29 September 2010

How questions sound.

I know this is a visual exercise but I thought I would just take a moment to discuss music. The music will end up playing a large part in guiding the sequence and setting the tone and I feel that the first 40 seconds of the tune below by Dark Globe is a much better indicator and generator of the emotions that I want to generate in the viewer than an arrangement of images.



The start of this tune has a calm, light hearted and quizzical feel but it also has a relaxed drive to it, a sense of purposefulness. I also get the feeling that this tune is driving against tall odds whilst remaining optimistic. This is certainly how the author of the book Julian Baggini approaches philosophy and for that matter how I approach it.

Alternatively I considered a tune by Aphex Twin called Hexagon. It has similar qualities but it's a little on the dreamy/spacey/mystic side of things. Still it has a nice little animation to go with it that has got me thinking differently with regards to visuals. Oh and for good measure I've got the same tune backwards.





No comments:

Post a Comment