Tuesday 19 January 2010

Zoo Machinima

My friend couldn't have sent me a link to this at a better time. During a monday morning session at college, just after our tutor had explained to us what a game engine was I checked my Facebook - in the lunch break of course - and there slap bang on my wall was a perfect example of Machinima.

If he'd posted the video a little earlier I would've sat there saying to myself;

"wow how clever! Not only have they cleverly edited the cut-scenes from San Andreas to make an animation, but they must've only used only hidden cut scenes that are shown through completing extra portions of the game!"




As an animation it is certainly reasonably entertaining for the simple novelty factor. However on second glance I can't say I'm all that entertained. The voiceovers are dull and unconvincing and the clunky, chunky graphics of 2004 don't make for pretty animation. None the less, for me it's still an interesting introduction into the world of Machinima thanks to its use of a familiar game's engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment