Tuesday 23 February 2010

Chris Cunningham

Right now I'd say that a combination of the ideas I have in my head, what I like and the way I work all point me in the direction of creating music videos; music videos like these.

I find it of no coincidence that Chris Cunningham chooses to make videos in this case for three of my favorite artists, two of which are on the same label. His style of directing I feel is intimately linked to this genre of abstract, twisted, technically immense and in places somewhat sublime form of electronic music.







Like any good music video they have a narrative and in the top two videos they all start with a prolonged intro which sets the scene well. Most importantly though they exhibit something which I'm all too familiar with now; "the uncanny". Yes robots with human mannerisms and kids with human faces all make for a thoroughly chilling and powerful music video as well as a great trademark from the directors point of view!

No comments:

Post a Comment