Tuesday 12 April 2011

The Man Speaks

I thought I'd do a little post about the man who I feel right now is the greatest inspiration to me. After writing the script for my negotiated study piece I am now very interested in writing as a possible route to go down on my film industry voyage. People usually ask you who your favorite director is as it is usually regarded that a director "makes" the film: he is the auteur. However if somebody were to ask me who my favorite director was I would rephrase their question and say my favorite writer is Charlie Kaufman. Of the six films he's written, he's only directed one of them yet I feel that they are all "his films". They are so original and "high concept" that their primary entertainment value-at least for me-is the on paper description of what the film is, not how it looks or how it is acted. I thought I'd look through some interviews of his so I could get an idea of the kind of guy he is and how he came to be where he is.








No comments:

Post a Comment