Thursday 28 April 2011

Working in Canada: work permits.

To work in Canada permanently I would need a work permit (film crews are allowed to work temporarily there).


What I should know:

1. My employer helps to determine if I'm eligible.

2. To work in Canada I must meet the "general requirements" for entering the country and to stay I would need a temporary resident Visa.

3. A work permit is by no means an immigration document and doesn't allow me to live in Canada permanently.



How to apply for a work permit

1. Check the application processing times: there are a number of factors in the application process that can affect the processing time.

2. Obtain an application package: before filling it in I will need a written job offer from my employer, proof that I meet the requirements, the positive labour market opinion on my job offer from Human Resources and Social Development Canada, proof of identity.

3. Determine where you will submit your application: I must submit my application to the visa office that is responsible for the country where I live.

4. Determine if you need a passport and a temporary resident Visa: a temporary resident visa is an official document that is placed in your passport. If my permit is approved then the resident visa will be issued at the same time as the documentation I need to enter Canada as a worker.

5. Pay the correct processing fee: the fee can be paid in local currency but it can't be refunded, even if my application isn't accepted.

6. Submit the application form: once I'm sure the form is completed it must be signed and dated. I must also make sure that I have the right receipt for the fees. My application will be returned to me if it isn't properly completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment