Tuesday 8 December 2009

It's Still All About the Story!

It may seem that I'm about to undermine a lot of what I stand against. Maybe I am....

I don't think I am.

Nevermind.

As per usual I saw one hell of a film the other day; Awake, starring Hayden Christiensen and Jessica Alba. This was a bit of a change of scene for me. Why? Because as an "arty kid" I usually watch all those "arty" movies that look all wired and arty. Yes I know I'm hardly being eloquent here, don't worry. In case you hadn't noticed I'm trying to make a rather crude imitation of the inarticulate yet accurate descriptions people (including myself) give of those kinds of films; indie films, animated films, surreal films e.t.c

Anyway, as you may be able to deduce from the below clip this has MASSIVE THRILLER written all over it. Placing one immediately in the beautifully uncomfortable shoes of someone who can feel everything during their surgery whilst experiencing every slow and painful second of their slow and painful death is automatically going to get the heart racing.

Yes I'll admit there are some very nicely shot scenes involving Clayton as a small boy and his various visions but all in all this film appeals first to the mind and then to the eyes later.

No comments:

Post a Comment