Sunday 13 December 2009

We Are All Amoral!

We all deserve to go to Hell!

Well not all of us, only most of the people that watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and that includes me.

Why? Because (and only read on if you don't mind me spoiling the ending) we warm to murdering highwaymen.

Still perplexed? Yeah o.k I'll explain....


Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is a Western about a good ol' gang of highwaymen and as the film develops, about the two ringleaders; Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. They are the film's protagonists and put simply the film follows them from the Wild West to Bolivia as they kill and steal everything in sight for a little money.

Throughout the film one grows to love these two rogues as they are both rather slick characters and kinda nice (aside from the killing and stealing). So when it is indicated that they die at the end of film one does feel a little sad!

Then I woke myself up and reminded myself that in the real world these two characters are the lowest of the low, and what makes it even worse is that I expect the vast majority of viewers of this film developed feelings similar to mine!

Yes we are horrible horrible people who like villains because they are cool and look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment