Friday 4 December 2009

When Cartoons Were Better!

I sat up and realised something the other day. In the early 90's (my childhood) cartoons were so much cooler!

O.k I'm not too sure what cartoons children watch these days but I'm pretty sure they're nothing like the one's I remember. I also remember cartoons getting rubbish around 1998. Yes one could argue that that's just me getting old but I disagree. Cartoons like Conan the Adventurer, Thundercats and of course the legendary Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are for me of an era that died a long time ago.

These cartoons are all of the same ballsy nature. Just look at their intros! They all kick off with a similar in your face rock 'n roll explosion. Hell, they even seem slightly scary! Plus I find the animation much more crisp and precise.








Back in the 90s there was even, come to think of it, one hell of a C.G.I cartoon and this was before the whole C.G.I explosion with Toy Story in 1997!




This cartoon, in case you hadn't managed to deduce this from the highly self explanatory intro is about life inside a computer! Yes a bunch of nerds sat down and personified the insides of one's average P.C and made a cartoon about it! When one takes into account the whole internet boom that was going on at the time and sudden spread of home computers it's easy to see why such a cartoon was made

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God! The bottom video! At the age I was when it was out (the age I was when I last even noticed it) I never realised it was inside the internet! Yes I agree we had it best, we had it before it got shit. Which means we had the best cartoons of from the 90's and before, my dad used to really enjoy watching cartoons with me. The fact is many 90's cartoons like Street Sharks were banned for gore and violence! What a great post!

    ReplyDelete