Tuesday 29 December 2009

Wise Words

When my friend told me that Baz Luhrmann had released a single I small smile spread across my face.

When I checked it out on you tube the smile widened to a contented grin.


What's quite refreshing to me is that it doesn't feel like any of his films. This isn't a case of "Baz Luhrmann, in music form". It's something new entirely.

They are first and foremost, wise words coming from a rather wise sounding speaker- he sounds old- and they avoid sounding preachy thanks to just the right amount of humour.

Next of course there's the animation which I feel is best described as a nice combination of quaint and familiar.

Then there is the music which gives it all a nice a poignant feel.

And with the seemingly irrelevant "bookends" so to speak regarding sunscreen this music video is given a rather clever little beginning and end.

No comments:

Post a Comment