Wednesday 12 May 2010

Keying

After our fun with the greenscreen we had to tackle separating our character from the backdrop, a.k.a keying. We didn't actually record any footage so I used the footage that came with the tutorial. Everything was pretty straight forward. I selected the green and made it disappear and then adjusted the screen blur and the black and white screen matte attributes to tidy up the edges. The edges were then tidied up further by adjusting the screen shrink/grow attribute under the Screen. I then adjusted the replace method under the screen matte menu to hard colour for a better blending with the green screen spill. Finally I added a simple choker effect and drew a junk matte around my character to remove unnecessary background that the keylight didn't take care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment