Thursday 13 May 2010

Panic Room; typical Fincher, jus my cup of tea.



I had the compulsion to see this the other day seeing as it was the only David Fincher film I hadn't seen. His trademark style of cinematography is is really epitomized here with the use of greeny blue filters and intense close-ups on inanimate objects. The film is also littered with clever camerawork that meanders through interesting routes; the camera takes us trough an air vent in the side of a building and there are numerous swift and clever dollies along all angles of the house, which was of course done using C.G.I. This camerawork in particular is reminiscent of the opening scene of Fight Club. I think why I really wanted to make this post is because I think Fincher's Style of cinema is a beacon of hope of to all of us who are afraid that we'll never have films nearly as good as those made during the golden age of Hollywood; thanks to big business thinking that fancy technology + loads of cash = good film. Yes I believe that thanks to Fincher we have gripping, mesmerizing storylines AND good use of today's technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment