Sunday 16 January 2011

Warped reality 1

During my crit we (me, my tutors and my classmates) came to the conclusion that my character looked rather warped and darkly psychedelic and in no way photorealistic enough to be placed in an accurate Bhopal type setting. So we then came to the conclusion that things might work well if we make the game environment equally warped. We then proceeded to discuss various ways in which this could happen and one of them entailed Max Payne's nightmare sequences...


Both my character and Max Payne have rather troubled pasts so I feel that a warped reality riddled with flashbacks should work. I'm really referring to the bit in the above video when he's walking along red lines but I suppose the rest of the dream sequence is still a good example. I feel the sound design will the the most effective bit If I go for this kind of twisted experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment