Monday 17 January 2011

Warped Reality 3, Darker Stuff



I played a little Condemned 2 the other day, it's a pretty grim affair. It's of the good old "action horror" genre, best known for containing games like "Resident Evil" and "Silent Hill". All done in the first person-I forget the plot exactly-it's the typical case of being lost in a dark mysterious building with various deranged zombified creatures baying for your blood, whilst you only have minimal and primitive defense mechanisms. I'm looking at this game really to ask myself how I would go about adding a good dose of horror to it. Obviously I won't be adding psychotic zombies to the mix but I plan on creating an unsettling experience through the clever use of sound design and various threatening objects that evoke signs of an unnerving past. A nice combination of eery David Lynch esque noises and my character's broken home should do nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment