Wednesday 19 January 2011

Warped Reality 4, an Oddworld

I never actually played this game, but I nearly did. During my hardcore gaming pre to early teen years when I was a Die Hard Playstation and then-when it came out-Xbox fan I had an unshakable compulsion to buy a lot of magazines. They always seemed to be telling me to buy Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey and later Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey. From the artwork it seemed as though this game series was a light hearted comical one (like any platform game) but then I looked a little closer at Abe's face and saw his slightly worried expression and sewn shut mouth. I don't know exactly what this game's about-and at this stage I don't want or need to know anything more than what the pictures like the one's beneath tell me-but I certainly have a slightly clearer idea of the kind of warped industrial wreckage that my character could inhabit.



You see despite this being a fantasy world, there are still plenty of familiar elements to it. Everything from industrial to woodland settings gets a dash of quirk and technicolor.

No comments:

Post a Comment