Monday 21 March 2011

All doable

I'm all for the all-singing-all-dancing-high-budget music video because they are usually quite good. Still they seem so advanced and high end that I guess I end up dismissing them as being "a long way off"-which they are-and thus aren't very inspirational.

When I see a video like the one below though it's a different story. You see the level of technical knowledge required for such a video (which is really the only barrier between the artist's creativity and the end product) is so relatively basic, that I can understand to a greater extent how the video was made. More importantly though it is also a great deal of encouragement to the amateur film maker as this shows the kind of high quality work that can be done with basic experience. In many ways I prefer this simple approach to music promos as I feel it fulfills all the requirements of a promo whilst having that edge of not be too "tryhard".

No comments:

Post a Comment