Saturday 19 March 2011

A good experiment

The Holy Chicken of Life & Music from NOMINT on Vimeo.



I know I've bitched about experimental films before but this is an exception. Or maybe it isn't. You see my problem with experimental film is still just as present in this film as is it is in any other; it's meaning is so hidden/non existent that-to the viewer-the creative decisions behind its making are basically arbitrary and therefore unskilled. However this film is different in that it contains a great deal of objective appeal; it is good quality. The animation and art direction in it are top notch, the characters are well drawn and I especially like the sharp cut out vibe. This I feel provides good objective quality as a backbone for any experimentation in that that because the makers have hooked my interest with quality in other departments it means that I am ready to give the film's more testing aspects a look over.

No comments:

Post a Comment