Monday 21 March 2011

Music; no, Art; yes,

The more my entrance to the real world of work looms the more I am reminded of the fact that
I'm going to have to kiss many a behind and do a great deal of dull work for clients I neither like nor respect. Then I considered videos such as those below...

The music for the videos below are a cancer. They are not music they are a marketing team disguised as a bunch of monotonous jingles. However when it comes to music promos, I do not feel guilty in saying that I adore every bit of the evil marketing team's method. You see this is one of those cases where I feel that one can separate a piece of work from its god awful initial purpose. Whilst there may be a team of culture-less apes responsible for the video's germination, at the end of the day there will always be room for a smoking hot production team to nurture and caress a music promo into a work of art in it's own right. In a slightly bizarre way, if I were to direct a video like those below, I'd imagine I'd get a kick just from the knowledge that I'd subverted the pop industry a fraction by actually making some form of creative effort.





No comments:

Post a Comment