Tuesday 8 March 2011

Basic Accounting

As I plan on working freelance, eventually running my own film production company I will need to have some knowledge of accounting or more likely some knowledge of how to deal with the accountants I've hired.

According to "Accounting for Non-Accounting Students" here are the best questions to ask once you've hired an/some accountant(s).

1. Are you (or how many of you) are 'qualified' and what are your respective professional accountancy bodies?

2. How is the accounting function organized?

3. What can the accountants do to help me do my job more effectively and efficiently?

4. What information do the accountants want me to give to them, when is it wanted and in what form?

5. What is the information to be used for?

6. What information are they going to give back to me?

7. What am I supposed to do with it?

8. How can the rest of the team work best with the accountants?



No comments:

Post a Comment