Sunday 15 May 2011

Audition

Just before I started writing the third draft we actually had auditions for the part of Colin/Mack so I was always writing with a certain actor in mind. Before the interview I had a little chat with my casting director Louise (who of course organized the audition) and we thought of a few things our potentials could do for us. I took some extracts from the second draft and thought of some other improv situations. She thought of a few too.


COLIN



Inter: What exactly does being a lookalike involve?


Colin: I basically get to go to loads of parties! Haha! [Straightens face] No, it's a serious profession. I take it very seriously. People all over the UK depend on lookalikes to make their parties memorable. People love walking past a lookalike and having to double take. They all want photos taken with me so they can show their friends. The lookalike business is booming, as they say. There are a lot of people who would love to have my job, and I'm grateful. In fact, my agency, Fake Faces, is something they call an 'international player' now. I've been to loads of great places – Japan, Switzerland....Wales. They love me in Wales.


Inter: What would be your response to people who see lookalikes as the worst excesses of a mindless, celebrity obsessed culture?




MAC


Inter: How do you feel about Now magazine referring to you as a national hero?


Mack: Haha, yeah. Well obviously I'm humble, you know. You've got to be. But I've worked hard to get where I am and I reckon I deserve it. I'm not gonna say “Hey everyone, I'm a hero” but if that's how people see me then great.


Inter: Some people have criticised your meteoric rise to fame based on a chance appearance in an advertisement....





INTERVIEWER


They start, you respond, they improv


Inter: So do people actually think you're T-Mobile Mack?


Colin: [Concerned] Well, yeah....[brightening up again] Anyway, I love the parties, people are so nice... mostly



Then do likewise


Inter: What do you think of the celebrity culture in this country?


Mack: Oh I love it. I think this country has great celebs, and I'm speaking from experience; I know a lot of them personally. Celebrities are treated well here, we're appreciated.



Improv for other parts



You're at a gig and asked who the best celebrity is + who's the worst .

(this will involve appropriate lines from casting director).


You're a gormless fan impolitely asking for an autograph, persistent yet surprisingly unenthusiastic!


Despite not knowing who they are you're shouting abuse at a celebrity only really because everyone else is.


You're unnecessarily respectful of a nearby celeb.


Casual conversation referencing a celeb causes you to go into an over the top unnecessary rant or ode, the choice is yours.

(this will involve appropriate lines from casting director).


You see a celeb having lunch, give them a lot of unwanted attention and then are bemused as to why the conversation doesn't go anywhere.

(this will involve appropriate lines from casting director).


Here's our star and some of his audition...



No comments:

Post a Comment