Tuesday 24 May 2011

Making and Erecting

I got my classmate Steve to do a few designs for my set.
I picked this one, with an colour scheme of purple and green for the opposite board.


We then set to work painting it with the help of Olivia and Danny (both pictured). Then on the day of the shoot we set to work erecting it. We initially had a bit of a mare with regard to how we would make it stand up: we had planned on making a frame out of the wood we had anyway but seeing as I don't know my woods I was met with the nasty surprise on the day from Steve saying that we couldn't use chipboard, which was all we had. Also the wood that we planned on using to make a brace turned out to be a little on the weak side. After much exasperated noodle scratching our tutor told us not to worry seeing as it only had to say up for a few hours and said we could just rest it against the wall and secure it with gaffer tape, so we did. Once that was all done it was then simply a case of bringing in the furniture and other decorations had hey presto, one budget T.V set!










No comments:

Post a Comment