Saturday 7 May 2011

The Spark

I was watching T.V and these two popped up. After watching them for a short while it became clear that despite their looks, they were hardly talented people. I then considered the ludicrously of the professional lookalike business and ultimately the celebrity obsessed world that we live in and thus my idea for my negotiated study was born. By the end of the show I knew that this term I would be making a short film about a professional lookalike and by the end of the day I had realized that the mockumentary genre would be the best-and now that I've started work on it-the only option that would do my idea justice. This is because stylistically I feel the type of dry tone that I want to evoke fits with the mockumentary style but more importantly it's because as a student filmmaker, who inexperienced in professional production standards, I have a sort of safety-net in the fact that potential slip ups in sound or cinematography or any of the technical aspects of filmmaking will not be apparent as they will all add to the style of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment